Tuesday, July 19, 2005

What's that in the bike lane?

I set out for Publix after dark Friday night. I was southbound around 61st Street, when I saw something in the northbound bike lane. As I got closer, I could see that it was a man in dark clothes walking a bike with a lawnmower tied to the back of it. No lights.

Just a couple days later on the other side of town, a cyclist was hit and killed by a car. He was also wearing dark clothing and had no lights. I wonder if a local organization could organize a program to provide, at the very least, clip-on blinky lights to bicyclists.


Miles: 5
Weather: Clear, 90 degrees.
Time of day: Eventing
Other cyclists observed: 1 (transportation/utility)
Number of cyclists riding on the wrong side of the street: 0
Total miles this bike year: 54

No comments: