Friday, July 01, 2005

First ride of the new Bike Year

I took the just-completed utility bike conversion for a shakedown cruise late this afternoon. My destination was the Habersham Village shopping center. My first stop was Jones Red and White grocery store for a pair of rubber gloves to replace my wife's pair that I destroyed in my homemade parts washer (more about that later). The I stopped in at Habersham Beverage for a bottle of Steinlager to celebrate the first day of the year.

After one ride, I'm very pleased with the bike. A complete description of the bike, the modifications I've made, and photos are forthcoming. Here are the details of today's trip:

Miles: 3
Weather: Clear, 85 degrees
Time of day: Early evening
Other cyclists observed: 4 (recreational)
Number of cyclists riding on the wrong side of the street: 0
Total miles this bike year: 3

No comments: