Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Red, White and rain

I've been caught in the rain on my bike before. However, today was the first time that it was raining when I got on the bike and I had every reason to expect that it would continue raining for the duration of my ride. My destination was the Jones Red and White grocery store in the Habersham Village Shopping Center.

The bike performed wonderfully. However, the crummy GAP Outlet anorak I was wearing did not. It lost most of its water repelling powers about 15 trips through the washing machine ago, so it did me little good. If I'm going to go out in the rain again, I really need better clothing. Still, the ride was fairly enjoyable, despite the fact that the Red and White does not stock Hidden Valley fat free ranch dressing. The sun came out about 20 minutes after I got home.

Miles: 3
Weather: Rain, 81 degrees
Time of day: Early evening
Other cyclists observed: 0
Number of cyclists riding on the wrong side of the street: 0
Total miles this bike year: 11

No comments: