Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A bike lane inventory

Objects I saw today in the bike lane:
  • Lots of palm fronds. It was windy on Sunday night.
  • Two men's dress shoes. Not a pair of shoes, but two different shoes apparently separated from their mates and now traveling together.
  • One half of a reddish-brown leatherette steering wheel cover. From a distance I thought it was one half of a reddish-brown snake.
  • A white undershirt.
  • Two wrong-way cyclists.
  • One cyclist traveling the correct direction.
  • Three pedestrians.
I'm pleased to report that I didn't see any cars or trucks in the bike lane today.

2 comments:

Evan said...

What no banana peels? I seem them all over the bike lanes here.

Michael Lemberger said...

Today, I saw:
-snow
-ice
-more snow
-salt
-a pair of women's underwear
-more ice
-a crushed cassette tape